- You are here:
- GT Home
The College of Engineering is consistently ranked among the country’s top 10 engineering schools and among the top in the world and its schools are considered among the finest in the nation in their fields. Because of its high academic quality and relatively low cost, Georgia Tech’s College of Engineering is cited as one of the best values in American higher education by publications such as the Fiske Guide to Colleges, the Princeton Review and the Kiplinger Business Magazine.
U.S. News & World Report
The Georgia Tech College of Engineering continues to be recognized as a top-five engineering school in the nation and an elite public institution. The undergraduate engineering program at the College ranked 5th in the 2014 America's Best Colleges edition of U.S. News & World Report (published in September 2013). All of the programs offered by the College, the nation’s largest and most diverse engineering college, placed among the top 10 of their respective areas for the second consecutive year.
|U.S. News & World Report Undergraduate Rankings, published in September 2013|
|Industrial and Systems Engineering||1st|
|Materials Science and Engineering||4th|
|Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering||6th|
For the third consecutive year all of Georgia Tech’s engineering graduate programs ranked in the top ten in the nation in their respective specialties, powering the College of Engineering to a second-place ranking among public engineering institutions (sixth overall) in the latest U.S. News & World Report graduate rankings of national universities granting doctoral degrees.
|U.S. News & World Report Graduate Rankings, published in March 2014|
|Industrial Systems and Engineering||1st|
|Nuclear and Radiological Engineering||8th|
|Materials and Science Engineering||9th|
|Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering||10th|
Other Stats and Rankings
- Georgia Tech placed 11th among engineering and technology schools in the 2013-14 Times Higher Education World Rankings and 25th overall in the world.
- The Georgia Tech College of Engineering is the largest producer of engineering degrees awarded to women and underrepresented minority students according to the American Society of Engineering Education (ASEE) and Diverse: Issues in Higher Education.
- In the area of research, COE has been the top public institution in engineering research and development. Georgia Tech ranks number 9 out of the top 100 worldwide universities granted U.S. Utility Patents in 2013.
- 28% of our undergraduate students are women, compared to just 17% of engineering students nationally.
- 30% of undergraduate students participate in the co-op program, which is the largest voluntary co-op program in the nation.
- In 2013-14 our students came from 51 countries and 44 states.